Scuba Diving in Dominica
Within minutes from shore the young volcanic sea walls of Dominica plunge dramatically, half a kilometer deep, creating stunning seascapes and a vibrant marine life habitat. Here you'll find some of the most colorful and healthiest reef systems in the Caribbean. With hot-water fumaroles and volcanic pinnacles swarming with schools of fish, you'll know you've discovered something unique.
Protected Marine Reserves - Fantastic Diving - Unspoiled Reefs
See rare seahorses and flying Gurnards; drift along with large yellowtail snappers, cero, barracuda and schools of horse eye jacks. Other sea creatures commonly seen in Dominica include Scorpion fish, red banded lobsters, Banded coral shrimps and Sea Turtles. Sponges and crinoids thrive in our waters, creating an underwater rainbow of colour seldom seen at the better known Caribbean dive destinations.
Jungle Spa Adventure Dive and Hike Package
In partnership with one of the islands leading dive operator, Nature Island Dive, Jungle Bay offers you the opportunity to experience Dominica's unique diving in the Soufriere Scotts Head Marine Reserve, on the leeward coast. Build your very own customized package so you can hike, dive, relax, rejuvenate and enjoy.
Jungle Spa Adventure & Dive Package is an add-on to the signature Jungle Spa Adventure Package.
$80 US per person per 2-tank dive day
What is included
- A 2-tank dive for each person
- Transportation to and from the dive shop (about 55 minutes each way)
- Your Marine Reserve User Fees
- Government VAT
- We can pack you a lunch! Simply let us know the day before your dive
What is NOT included
- Rental of diving gear (gear available at Dive Shop)
- Meals at the dive shop
Sample Package Prices
- 2 Guests for 7-Night Jungle Spa Adventure & DIVE Package& with 3 Dive-days: starting from $2,067 US per person, double occupancy
- 2 Guests for 5-Nights Jungle Spa Adventure & DIVE Package with 2 Dive-days: starting from $1,465 US per person, double occupancy
For certified scuba divers ONLY. You must bring your certification card to the dive shop.
In the Press
Soufriere/Scott's Head Marine Reserve was chosen as 1 of 10 Top Snorkel Parks in the Caribbean by Caribbean Travel & Life Magazine!
Dominica has won Readers' Choice Awards from Scuba Diving Magazine for several years running and has been highly recognized by other publications:
- Dominica wins First Prize in Macro Life as well as 4 other top 10 ratings for 2008!
- Dominica is rated #2 Destination Overall in the Caribbean/Atlantic for 2007!
- Dominica is rated #1 for Healthiest Marine Environment and #3 for Top Dive Destination in 2007!